Lets face it, many of us will probably never make it to our favorite designers show during New York Fashion Week. For years, I would lust over the pictures I saw on the internet dreaming of one day being front row. Until that day comes, I decided to head to New York anyway and make the most of NYFW. As fashion week comes to a close, I’ve decided to list some ways to make your fashion week experience amazing. This is my second time traveling to New York for fashion week and it gets better and better each visit.
- Volunteer – This is a great way to get up close a personal with your favorite designers and to see what happens behind the scene.
- Attend Couture Fashion Week– There are some amazing designers and shows during Couture Fashion Week and they always run simultaneously with NYFW.
- Attend a store events– Fendi had an event for their flagship store that was open to the public with guest such as Rihanna and Naomi Campbell in attendance.
- Hang out at Lincoln Center- Unfortunately, after 8 years the events most significant sponsor , Mercedes Benz, will no longer be affiliated with the event after legal issues in 2014.
- Dress the part- There are many photographers ready and willing to snap your picture for blogs, newspapers and even magazines. If you dress the part maybe you will get lucky and be featured.
- Attend Fashion events– With so many people in New York for Fashion Week, it is pretty easy to find a great fashion event.